Apple at some point last night posted the specs in the Apple Store for the new G5 towers based on the IBM 970 PowerPC chip, which is a 64bit processor, the first 64bit computer for consumers. I dug around and found the specs before they were removed, like on so many other websites, so here they are!
The world's fastest personal computer.
- 1.6GHz, 1.8Gz, or Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5 processors [64bit]
- UP to 1GHz processor bus
- Up to 8GB of DDR SDRAM
- Fast Serial ATA hard drives
- AGP 8X Pro graphics options from NVIDIA or ATI
- Three PCI or PCI-X expansion slots
- Three USB 2.0 ports
- One FireWire 800, two FireWire 400 ports
- Bluetooth & AirPort Extreme ready
- Optical and analog audio in and out
In most cases the above specs were pulled from websites by request, I am now waiting for apple to ask me. They made the mistake, and now the information is out there, I guess information just wants to be free ;)
"I want one, I want one to have my children" -- Hackers (Movie)